The tenfold Home Folder Lifecycle Plugin is used for managing the life-cycles of user directories (home folders). It automates routine tasks, like creating new home folders during the user account creation process.
When a staff member switches to a new office location, for example, the plugin automatically transfers the person’s home folder to the file server at the new location; and, if the person decides to leave the company, the folder is automatically archived and later deleted (if necessary).
This saves the administrator from having to manually conduct annoying (but necessary) tasks each time a new person enters or leaves the company. It also greatly reduces the potential for errors.
Create new user
- Creation of home folder on a file server that is chosen automatically according to user attributes (e.g. office location).
- Customizable user permission levels on home folders: modify, modify plus or full access.
- Customizable folder name: pre-Windows 2000 user name or user principal name.
- Customizable drive letter for automatic network connection.
Users modifications and user transfer
- Home folder is automatically moved to file server at new office location or department.
- Automatic modification of drive letter.
- Folder can be renamed when user name or user principal name is changed.
- Home folder is archived as ZIP-file on a configurable file server.
- Directories can be deleted.