The Groovy Plugin allows the execution of scripts natively in the tenfold application server, based on the programming language Java (or, to be more precise, based on the script language Groovy) .
The plugin thus allows an extremely flexible processing of certain events, to which there can be a reaction. This means it is possible to heavily influence the processing in tenfold in order to extend or adapt its standard functions.
In addition, the plugin can be used to provision IT resources on a user-defined basis. For instance, you might use a script to implement access to an SQL database for reading or writing data. Alternatively, SOAP or REST web services can be used to exchange information with other systems. LDAPS can be used to access LDAP directories outside the other directories which are supported out-of-the-box. You migt also create individual Word, Excel or PDF files as templates for workflows.
Java-based scripting means:
• the ability to react to certain system events
• the ability to provision IT resources
…Which again allows you to:
• access tenfold’s internal processes via ISM Java-API
• access all SQL databases (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM DB/2, Informix, MySQL, etc.)
• access REST APIs
• access SOAP APIs
• access LDAP and LDAPS
• create individual file imports and export jobs
• create individual Word, Excel or PDF files, based on templates
Download this information as pdf: